Click here to read online and access all the links:
–> SendOutCards.com/Michael Stammer: Positive Power Spotlight, September 2009
Looking around for the perfect business to complement this month’s book review on gratitude, I thought of SendOutCards.com, and particularly of one of their top affiliates, Michael Stammer.
Click here to continue reading: http://tinyurl.com/PPSept09s
–> Another Recommended Book: Appreciation Marketing
Another Recommended Book: Appreciation Marketing: How to Achieve Greatness Through Gratitude, By Tommy Wyatt and Curtis Lewsey (BFG Group Publishing, Westport, CT) As Wyatt and Lewsey point out, your customer can leave you for ever in just two clicks: the first to Google or another search tool, and from there to a competitor…
Click here to continue reading: http://tinyurl.com/PPSept09b
–> Travel advisory: Traveling to the American Southwest (or live there?) Be sure to read the article we’ve just posted about Valley Fever. Valley Fever: The Southwest’s Local Secret
–> Saving the World at Work: an exclusive excerpt from Tim Sanders new book. Sanders, a former Yahoo exec, is author of Love Is The Killer App–the very first book I reviewed in this newsletter–as well as The Likeability Factor, which I also reviewed. Good Stuff.
–> My Quandary = Your Opportunity
You might have heard that the rights to my award-winning sixth book, Principled Profit: Marketing That Puts People First, got picked up by John Wiley & Sons, and it forms the basis for my eighth book, Guerrilla Marketing Goes Green (co-authored with Jay Conrad Levinson). The new book will include all but, I think, two chapters of Principled Profit, plus some 20-25,000 words of new material. Wiley will publish it in 2010. I’m especially proud of this because, following an e-mail introduction by one of Wiley’s business authors, I landed the deal and negotiated the contract myself. But my problem is…my contract with Wiley forces me to stop selling Principled Profit by the end of this year. And I still have quite a few left. This was a groundbreaking book when it came out–one of the only voices showing that ethical business not only made good moral sense, but good business sense as well. While there are more resources in this area than there used to be, it’s still really hard to find this sort of solid, practical advice on both the theory and the implementation, in a nice, easy-to-read format that anyone can put into practice. So I’ve got a deal for you! Want a copy for yourself? Take $5 off the original $17.50 price. Visit
http://snipurl.com/kdq1j to order this remarkable book. Just visit and enter the right code:
GET5OFF – $5 off one copy
GET10OFF2 – $10 off two copies
GET15OFF3 – $15 off three copies
With any of these three coupon codes, you’ll also receive my two newest e-books free with your purchase. Get all the details here.
–> Friends Who Want to Help
* Can you profit with social media and still keep it to just 15 minutes a day? Join me as I interview George Kao, the best social media trainer I’ve ever encountered (and I’ve tried quite a few), as he explains how to maximize your benefit and minimize your time on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter. No charge for the live call, but the replay will cost $80. So join us for the live call Tuesday Sept 22, 5 pm ET/2 pm PT and pay nothing.
* Create Your First Info Product with Expert Help From Marcia Yudkin The always-brilliant Marcia Yudkin–I’ve known her for 25 years and can safely say that–doesn’t often let people have access to her brain for free. But she’s doing two no-cost telesminars aimed especially at those who haven’t yet created information products of their own:
Your First PDF Report, Step by Step: Friday, September 18, 4 pm Eastern, 1 pm Pacific.
Your First Audio Product, Step by Step: Thursday, September 24, 7 pm Eastern, 4 pm Pacific
She writes: “These are not promotional or sales calls – there will be no more than a 30-second commercial at the beginning and the end for my course. The rest is pure teaching. So if you have people on your list who want to learn these skills, please let me know!”
* Booklets are Much Easier than Books–Learn the Secrets Paulette Ensign, the Booklet Queen, is running a new teleseminar series: interviewing nine people who’ve been successful as authors of booklets. Booklet Author Success Series Paulette beleives in delivering a lot of value, and her interviews generally go well beyond the basics. This series is no exception. Among the topics: preselling thousands of copies before you write the first word…partnering effectively with charities…using the same content a gazillion different ways. The first of these calls starts today, September 15, 2 pm Eastern–but don’t fret if you missed it. She’s making recordings available.Reminder also that I’ll be speaking for Paulette Thursday evening on creative book marketing and bulk book sales; see the “Hear and Meet Shel” section
* Tipping the Point is a quick-start guide to viral marketing, using integrity and ethics–and incorporating many examples. In fact, there’s so much good stuff that I took the very unusual step of becoming a dealer and putting it up for download on my own cart. And let me tell you, something has to be really good for me to do that. I still can’t believe he only wants $9.95 for this! Please click here to get your own copy, and yes, I do benefit financially (a little, anyhow) from your purchase. http://shelhorowitz.com/go/tippingthepoint
* Author 101 University Rick Frishman is doing another Author101 University, Oct 30 & 31 in Las Vegas.
* Mark Joyner asks, “How can you add some creative juice to get people’s attention and stand out in this over-saturated marketing world we live in?” Maybe this video will give you some ideas? Especially if you’ve ever been interested in exploring affiliate programs.
* Jim Donovan, author of several bestselling books on having a happier life (and a long-time friend and occasional co-panelist), wants you to have a happy middle-aged and elder life. He writes, “If you didn’t know when you were born, how old would you be?” Are you ageless – full of energy and ready to go – no matter what your birth certificate says? Or does the prospect of aging leave you deeply concerned about what lies ahead? The rest of your life can be the best of your life:
* Two new no-cost offerings from The Blog Squad, known for their high-content programs:
Get the Best Out of Your Blog – Free 5-Part Video Course: http://www.kickstartcart.com/app/?Clk=3217930
Quality Blog Traffic – Free Audio Program: http://www.kickstartcart.com/app/?Clk=3217931
* A Search Tool That’s Better than Google? How about one that delivers your choice of results from Google, Yahoo, MSN, Yelp, Wikipedia and various other places–and displays results before you even click? Try it yourself at http://frugalmarketing.com/search.shtml#web — click where it says “Say Hello to Search 2.0? and start typing your query. You might want to bookmark this page, which also allows you to search all of my dozen-plus sites at once and even provides tips to help you find exactly what you want in any search (people have thanked me quite a few times for this little tipsheet).
* Judith and Jim’s “Bridging Heart and Marketing III (BH&M III) – the Soft Sell Virtual Conference,” October 8-18, online from anywhere in the world. The conference motto is “Marketing with Consciousness and Conscience.” Judith and Jim are the authors of The Heart of Marketing: Love Your Customers and They Will Love You Back, which I reviewed a few months ago
Some of the opportunities mentioned may pay commissions. If you’d like to know if a particular program is commissionable, you’re welcome to ask us.
–> Hear & Meet Shel
* Paulette Ensign’s Publishing Prosperity Mastermind is another high-value, low-cost teleseminar series that’s already started, and again, you get all the recordings. I’m speaking on September 17 on “Frugal, Ethical, and Creative Book Marketing-By the Book, Or By the Boxcar” (Sorry that we printed the wrong date late time.)
* Friday, September 18, interviewed on Business Ethics and Marketing by Ike Engelbaum) on his Entrepreneurship American Style radio show
* Wednesday, September 23, I’m doing a class for Hilton Johnson’s Global TeleClass organization, “The Magic Triangle: Turn Ethics Into Powerful Success.”
* Guest on Kim Smith’s Blog Talk Radio show, “Introducing Writers,” Wednesday, October 14, 8:30 pm ET/5:30 PT (book marketing).
* A book marketing teleseminar aimed especially for speakers: as part of her monthly membership program, Susan Levin from SpeakerServices.com interviews me on “Marketing Your Book Beyond the [speaking] Platform,” Thursday, October 29, 7 pm ET/4 p.m. PT. I exhibited at one of Susan’s life events a few years ago and I thought it was one of the best organized conferences I’ve ever been at, with top-name faculty and the most vendor-friendly attitude I’ve ever experienced (we vendors even got to attend all the sessions as part of our sign-up fee).
–> Which of Shel’s Books is Right for You?
–> New on the Sites, September, 2009
–> Administrative Information
Subscribe, unsubscribe, back issues, etc.
Published monthly since September, 2003 by Shel Horowitz
Shel Horowitz, 16 Barstow Lane, Hadley, MA 01035, United States