Our parent business, The Co-operative, supports a number of campaigns in addition to our current fight against Toxic Fuels. Here are a couple we think you might like to get involved with:
Join The Wave: London, Saturday 5 December
Between 2006 and 2008, you helped us campaign for a strong Climate Change Bill, as part of Friends of the Earth’s ‘The Big Ask’, which resulted in the Climate Change Act 2008. This December, we need you to help us put the heat on the world’s leaders.
On Saturday 5 December, ahead of the crucial UN climate change talks in Copenhagen, thousands of people will be joining The Wave, a family friendly climate change march in central London, organised by the Stop Climate Chaos Coalition.
The Co-operative is supporting The Wave to call for an ambitious global climate change deal that is safe and fair.
For those living in Scotland, The Wave is also taking place in Glasgow.
Who says there’s no Plan Bee?
Bees pollinate a third of the food we eat, and this contributes £200 million a year to the UK economy. However, bee populations across the globe are severely declining. In the UK, a fifth of bees were lost in the winter of 2008/09.
Earlier this year The Co-operative launched Plan Bee, a 10-point plan including action on pesticides, research funding and empowering people to take action in their own gardens.
Sign our petition
The Co-operative is petitioning the UK Government for research into the impact of pesticides on bees.
To date, £10 million has been set aside to fund research into the causes of the declining bee population in the UK. As yet, no commitment has been made to fund research into the potential effects of pesticides, despite growing anecdotal evidence that this may be a factor.
We’ll be in touch soon with more campaigns news.
The Co-operative Bank, Insurance and Investments
- This RSS feed URL is deprecated 20/06/2018
- Meet The Former Livestock Agent Who Started An International Vegan Food Business - Forbes 20/06/2018
- Press release: Be part of the must attend event of 2018 - Ethical Corporation Magazine 20/06/2018
- Pet food business Scrumbles receives ethical accreditation - Pet Gazette 20/06/2018
- Read the letter 100 Microsoft staff reportedly sent to Satya Nadella protesting the firm's $19 million deal with ICE - Business Insider 20/06/2018
- Ethical Concerns and Your Career - City A.M. 20/06/2018
- It turns out the commitment to uphold the highest ethical standards within the investment management industry does ... - City A.M. 20/06/2018
- No ethical issue with free business-class flights for Denver officials, City Council committee says - The Colorado Independent 20/06/2018
- The Future Robo Adviser: Smart and Ethical? - Wall Street Journal 20/06/2018
- Ethics, Politics Pit Tech Employees Against Their Bosses - Tom's Hardware 20/06/2018
- Featured Posts: 5 Easy Ways You Can Make Your Home Greener in One Weekend 31/01/2012
- On our Radar: The Farm – Sustainable Living 31/01/2012
- On our Radar: Santa Monica Complete Green Street Breaks Ground 31/01/2012
- On our Radar: Get ready… National Green Week is only 7 days away! 31/01/2012
- Mini Features: WATER FOR CHILDREN 31/01/2012
- Featured Posts: MIT Builds A Bracelet That Controls The Office Thermostat 31/01/2012
- On our Radar: Flagship raises $270M for green health technologies 31/01/2012
- Visualize: Water Positive 31/01/2012
- Featured Posts: Political Pollution: How Bad Air is Slowly Changing China 31/01/2012
- Mini Features: Clothing: Organic Clothing for Men 31/01/2012