Our parent business, The Co-operative, supports a number of campaigns in addition to our current fight against Toxic Fuels. Here are a couple we think you might like to get involved with:
Join The Wave: London, Saturday 5 December
Between 2006 and 2008, you helped us campaign for a strong Climate Change Bill, as part of Friends of the Earth’s ‘The Big Ask’, which resulted in the Climate Change Act 2008. This December, we need you to help us put the heat on the world’s leaders.
On Saturday 5 December, ahead of the crucial UN climate change talks in Copenhagen, thousands of people will be joining The Wave, a family friendly climate change march in central London, organised by the Stop Climate Chaos Coalition.
The Co-operative is supporting The Wave to call for an ambitious global climate change deal that is safe and fair.
For those living in Scotland, The Wave is also taking place in Glasgow.
Who says there’s no Plan Bee?
Bees pollinate a third of the food we eat, and this contributes £200 million a year to the UK economy. However, bee populations across the globe are severely declining. In the UK, a fifth of bees were lost in the winter of 2008/09.
Earlier this year The Co-operative launched Plan Bee, a 10-point plan including action on pesticides, research funding and empowering people to take action in their own gardens.
Sign our petition
The Co-operative is petitioning the UK Government for research into the impact of pesticides on bees.
To date, £10 million has been set aside to fund research into the causes of the declining bee population in the UK. As yet, no commitment has been made to fund research into the potential effects of pesticides, despite growing anecdotal evidence that this may be a factor.
We’ll be in touch soon with more campaigns news.
The Co-operative Bank, Insurance and Investments
- Suffolk start-up business LOWTOXBOX hopes to inspire people to 'live a greener, more eco-conscious life'. - East Anglian Daily Times 25/06/2017
- Teaching the business of journalism - Tribune-Review 25/06/2017
- LAPD chief urges cadets to be ethical in wake of scandal - Business Insider 24/06/2017
- 'Money game operators exploiting legal loophole' - The Star Online 24/06/2017
- ZIPHO SIKHAKHANE: Old-school business ethics are still cool - Business Day (registration) 24/06/2017
- The hunting down of Uber's Travis Kalanick - CNBC 24/06/2017
- Undisclosed ethical lapse leads to license suspension for KCK chiropractor - Kansas City Star 23/06/2017
- Adviser Profile: Simon Landale of Lycetts - Citywire.co.uk 23/06/2017
- Business Leaders Change Faster Than Business Values - Lessons From Barclays - HuffPost UK 23/06/2017
- Uncommonly solid - Business Observer 23/06/2017
- Featured Posts: 5 Easy Ways You Can Make Your Home Greener in One Weekend 31/01/2012
- On our Radar: The Farm – Sustainable Living 31/01/2012
- On our Radar: Santa Monica Complete Green Street Breaks Ground 31/01/2012
- On our Radar: Get ready… National Green Week is only 7 days away! 31/01/2012
- Mini Features: WATER FOR CHILDREN 31/01/2012
- Featured Posts: MIT Builds A Bracelet That Controls The Office Thermostat 31/01/2012
- On our Radar: Flagship raises $270M for green health technologies 31/01/2012
- Visualize: Water Positive 31/01/2012
- Featured Posts: Political Pollution: How Bad Air is Slowly Changing China 31/01/2012
- Mini Features: Clothing: Organic Clothing for Men 31/01/2012