As we switch to paid subscriptions, we are developing some awesome content for you. And we’re also totally overwhelmed with the seemingly thousands of details involved in launching my latest book, Guerrilla Marketing Goes Green <http://www.guerrillamarketinggoesgreen.com>. So while we get ready, Frugal Marketing Tips, Recommended Book of the Month, and Clean and Green Business Spotlight (formerly called Positive Power of Principled Profit Spotlight) are taking off the month of January (there will be a Book Marketing Tip next week, and there was a Frugal Fun Tip. And there will be a special mailing about the launch, and the many wonderful bonuses you can get. Any paid
memberships or subscriptions will begin with the February issues, and will run for their full term.
PS: If you’d like to support us in the book launch and grow your own list, we have a no-cost partnership for you:
Hear & Meet Shel
* Pioneer Valley Book Launch Event for Guerrilla Marketing Goes Green:
Winning Strategies to Improve Your Profits and Your Planet, Broadside Books, Northampton, MA, 7 pm, Tuesday, January 26.
* Roger C Parker, a well-known marketing guy and author of numerous books including Looking Good IN Print (a classic of design principles that’s been on my bookshelf for decades), interviews me about my brand new book Guerrilla Marketing Goes Green (co-authored with Jay Conrad Levinson), Wednesday, February 3, 7 pm ET/4 pm PT. This is for paid members of my co-author’s Guerrilla Marketing Association, but I’m allowed to invite people to the call. Check the Green and Ethical Marketing Page on Facebook
or my Twitter feed http://twitter.com/shelhorowitz for the call details after January 28.
* I speak at the two-day Forum Davos conference in Davos, Switzerland, February 9: “Communicate the Value in Your Values and Turn it Into Sales: Effectively Marketing Your Social/Environmental Commitment” (this is the same hall and just after the world-famous Davos World Economic Forum, where people like Bill Clinton speak–I’m extremely
* Monday, February 22nd at 9:00 pm ET, 6 pm PT, I’ll be leading another teleclass for Hilton Johnson’s organization (which means, once again, you’ll be getting notices about his health coaching and about the other speakers booked that month, which include T. Harv Ecker). This time, my topic is “Create Value from Your Values.”
* February 23, the incredible Sean D’Souza from Psychotactics will interview me about cracking the best-seller list without any kind of big dollar outlay.
* Wednesday, February 24, 5 pm, I’ll be exhibiting my new book and other goodies at the Amherst-Area Chamber’s Buy Local Expo. Somewhere within ten miles of Amherst, MA.
* I’m attending Ryan Lee’s Continuity Summit, March 4-6 in Stamford, CT, http://www.ryanlee.com/rsvp/. He’s not even charging for the seminar, though of course, you’re on your own with lodging. Last year’s conference was excellent, although a bit high-pressure for my taste.
* March 24, I’m doing a teleseminar for Stacy Karacostas on Green and ethical business success: stacy (at) success-stream.com
* April 25, I’ll be speaking on collaborating with a co-author at the American Society of Journalists and Authors conference in New York. http://asja.org/wc/2010/
* May 8, I’ll be speaking once again on book marketing at CAPA University in Hartford, CT (also in negotiation to speak at both IBPA-U and Book Expo America later that month)
You can also read several recent interviews with me:
* Willi Paul interviews me on sustainability and frugality:
* Dollar Days, on frugal/ethical marketing and the new Guerrilla Marketing Goes Green book:
* The Examiner, on environmental advocacy, the Greening of my own life, and environmentalism’s intersection with marketing:
* Dr. Dave Hale interviewing me and other experts on our social media predictions for 2010:
Friends Who Help
* Gina Mollicone-Long’s book Think or Sink impressed me a great deal, looking at the interaction of physiology, emotions, and success. I particularly like her approach to failure as a learning experience. If stress, job worries, or even weight loss issues are dominating your thinking, this book can pull you out of your funk. Visit
http://www.ginaml.com/think/ for the book and a pile of bonuses, including my 12 New Year’s Resolutions For a More Ethical, Ecological, Profitable, and Successful Business.
* Meanwhile, Jim Garland hopes to raise $10,000 for The Mark Victor Hansen Foundation’s antipoverty/literacy/entrepreneurship training work through his book, The Practical Guide to Exceptional Living. Lots of focus on gratitude and how to discover your ultimate life experience. You get the book, e-book, audiobook, and $2500 in bonuses.
* If you follow me on Twitter, you might notice that some of my Tweets originate from ShelHorowitzEthicalGreenMarketing”–and that if you click on that origination message, it takes you to the home page for my new book, Guerrilla Marketing Goes Green. I think this is waay cool. If you’d like to get your own branded tweets, from whatever you want to be known for and pointing to the link of your choice, it costs nothing to sign up: http://su.pr/1vpxQN Thanks to Tammy Fennell for developing this, and telling me about it.
* Suzanne Evans is driven by a passion and desire to help business owners discover the key to success – being authentic in their business. In just two years she grew her business from zero to a quarter of a million dollars by helping more people. She thought this growth was normal and when she realized it was not, she wanted to find
a way to share her journey with you. In retrospect, she realized that helping more people and making more money begins with finding your own authentic marketing blueprint. The coolest part? When she stopped traditional “salesy” marketing, she made over a half a million dollars. She’s sharing her story on a no-charge call on January 12:
* At the recommendation of both Mari Smith and my long-time Vitual Assistant Michelle Shaeffer, I just signed up for Backupify, the leading social media Backup provider. Backupify makes secure, automated, daily backups of your online accounts. Backupify supports backup of Twitter, Facebook, Gmail, WordPress, Basecamp, Flickr, and more… 15 services in total. Too new to know how well it does, but certainly worth trying. Best of all, Backupify is free if you sign up before Jan 31st. Click this link to register: https://secure.backupify.com/signup
Published monthly since May, 1997 by Shel Horowitz
16 Barstow Lane, Hadley, MA 01035 USA
Shel Horowitz, 16 Barstow Lane, Hadley, MA 01035, United States