In This Issue…
* Reminder: Special Invitation: Join Me By Phone on June 17
* Another Recommended Book
* BIG News! Clean and Green Club is Now MUCH More Affordable
* Hear & Meet Shel
* Best Green and Ethical Links of May
REMINDER: Special Invitation: Join Me By Phone on June 17
Normally, my open call where you can ask question about marketing, Green practices (at home or in business), business ethics, or book publishing is only open to members of the Clean and Green Club. This month, however, I’d like to invite you to join me on the call, even if you’re not a member. Mark your calendar now for Thursday, June 17, 9 pm ET/6 pm PT. This month’s suggested theme (but you’re welcome to deviate) is Easy Steps to Go Green. My normal hourly consulting rate is $175 per hour, and this is a way to pick my brain for no cost.
Conference Dial-in: 1-712-432-3100
Conference Code: 964982
Another Recommended Book: Go Green, Live Rich
Go Green, Live Rich: 50 Simple Ways to Save the Earth (and Get Ri ch Trying) by David Bach with Hillary Rosner
Okay so there are a gazillion books, e-books, and pamphlets with tips on going Green, including my own Painless Green: 111 Tips to Help the Environment, Lower Your Carbon Footprint, Cut Your Budget, and Improve Your Quality of Life-With No Negative Impact on Your Lifestyle-so why buy this one?
A few things make this one stand out. First of all, it’s written by a retirement-planning guru: David Bach, author of such books as Start Late, Finish Ri ch and The Automatic Millionaire (with help from Hillary Rosner, who worked on Al Gore’s An Inconvenient Truth). It’s very refreshing to have a celebrity personal finance author take on the topic of personal environmental responsibility.
Second, the book is crammed with hundreds of websites and resources (including…
Club Members and Subscribers: click here to read more –
BIG News! Clean and Green Club is Now MUCH More Affordable
The Clean and Green Club, the monthly learning community that includes
* full access to the newsletters, past and present
* a monthly audio interview with a marketing expert, a Green expert, or the operator of a Green/ethical business or organization (you can get a sample by listening to the interview with Jeffrey Hollender, founder and CEO of Seventh Generation, on the Clean and Green Club home page, http://thecleanandgreenclub.com
* full access to past interviews (with one-year membership)
* monthly Q&A call with me (you can try this out at no charge on June 17, see above)
* a private phone consultation with me (with one-year membership)
* assorted additional bonuses including several powerful audio programs and webinars, my e-books Painless Green and The Penny-Pinching Hedonist: How to Live Like Royalty With a Peasant’s Pocketbook, and more
has been restructured and the price drastically reduced down to $250 per year (or $25.95 per month). There’s also a four-month option, at $95 for four months/$28.95 per month
Click here to get all the details – http://thecleanandgreenclub.com/
Hear and Meet Shel (several changes in the past two weeks)
* Thursday, June 17, monthly member call with Shel, this month open to all my newsletter subscribers. See above.
* Tuesday, June 29, 3 pm ET/noon PT, Andy O’Bryan interviews me for AudioMotivation.com, on how to communicate the value in your values. More info: support@AudioMotivation.com (rescheduled from June 8th)
* SolarFest, in Tinmouth, Vermont (July 16-18). I’m speaking on Sunday, July 18, 2 pm: “Communicate the Value in Your Values – and Thrive: Effectively Marketing Your Social/Environmental Commitment.” This is a wonderful event; I attended several years ago, and you can read about that year’s festival here: http://www.frugalfun.com/solarfest.html For this year’s, http://solarfest.com/
* July 22, 8 pm ET/5 pm PT, Irene Watson from Reader Views interviews me on Green Marketing: Reaching the Environmentally Aware Customer. Info: firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Boston GreenFest 2010 takes place August 19-21, 2010, and I’ll be on the program (don’t know yet exactly when). One of the cool things about this event will be a display of cars that traveled 100 miles (from Greenfield, MA, near me) on a single gallon of gas. http://www.bostongreenfest.org
* September 19, I speak at Live Green! in Norwalk, CT. Contact: email@example.com
* September 20, live interview for http://createchatter.tv 9 pm ET/6 pm PT
* October 2, I’m speaking at the second annual Self-Publishing Book Expo in New York City, http://selfpubbookexpo.com/
* October 12 at 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT: My third annual presentation to the MUSE Online Writers Conference. This time, Selling a Self-Published Book to a Traditional Publisher
* October 13, I’ll be interviewed again for the Guerrilla Marketing Association’s weekly calls–this time by Alexandru Israil from Romania, 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT. Contact: alexandru.israil (at) gmail.com
Best Green and Ethical Links of May
Ooops–I had this all done for you and left it out of the early-June edition. Several links about the Gulf spill, Amory Lovins on how to get the US off oil, cars made of hemp replacing polluting and dangerous kerosene lamps with solar in Africa, and more. Posted at http://thecleanandgreenclub.com/clean-and-green-club-best-links-for-may-2010/ (open to all this month, usually reserved for Club members)
Shel Horowitz, 16 Barstow Lane, Hadley, MA 01035, United States?